The blog's title is inspired (ok, stolen from) a book I read six or more months ago. I Don't Know How She Does It" authored by Allison Pearson. I know she can't have possible trademarked the title because I've heard it time and again, but she captured the persona of the woman to whom it refers.
"I DON'T know HOW *she* does it" is that snide little phrase the the <good moms> use to describe us <bad moms>. Those of us who work 'outside the home'. We <bad moms> are actually desperate moms...trying to straddle the worlds between suits and sweatpants...achieving fame in the boardroom as well as the bedroom.
In truth, I think the "good moms" are not judgmental at all. We "bad moms" are the source of all our anxiety; we more harshly judge ourselves, than anyone judges us. Because we work, we feel guilty so we invent elaborate fantasies about the 'other moms' judgments of us...oh. if I had a degree is psychology I might be better able to describe this...
What I am trying to say is--I think we are our harshest critics. Certainly there are episodes that spark the fire but we are the ones responsible for blowing it out of proprotion and trying so hard to make the pendulum swing back into the 'Good Mom' zone.
I don't know where this blog is going...I can only see the schizophrenic pace of my own life...the Dr. Professional and the Mrs. TryHardGood Mom.
Oy
No comments:
Post a Comment